Case Study in Tempered Water for Safety Wash Devices
The recently updated ANSI ISEA Z358.1-2009 Standard specifically defines point of use device requirements for water flow, temperature and pressure. And, the standard provides certification testing standards and maintenance protocol.
Placer Process designed, fabricated, and installed a turn-key solution that exceeds these requirements. The example below describes the key elements used to implement the successful solution. Our full service team is glad to do the same job at your facility, just give us a call to discuss how we can provide you with a tempered water system that exceeds OSHA requirements.
Engineered Tempered Water Distribution Example
- Water heater or chiller
- Water mixing valve with failure bypass
- Self-regulating pressure and temperature devices
- Circulation pump for fast on-demand tempered water
- Safety wash devices (showers, face and eye washes, drench hoses)
- Optional: skid mounted system for quick and easy installation and water and electrical supply